Tuesday, January 25, 2011
He already looks so much like a little boy, with all his hair and his facial features. As I rock him to sleep at night, with his legs wrapped around me, because his body is to long to fit straight anymore, all I see is the little boy he is becoming, the baby is quickly disappearing.
Friday, January 21, 2011
So...I have so many things to say and the actual will to blog, I don't even know where to start.
I read this post today and thought that I could copy it word for word. I am weary, I find that most days I barely get a lunch in or complete a project before I am running home to a house and a family. A house a and a family where projects never feel complete and no ones needs ever feel completely cared for and filled with the joy and love that should be there. I want to have the laundry done and put away, the toys and kitchen cleaned every night, return giggles and smiles to a cute boy that aren't laden with fatigue and longing for when he is in bed so I can just have a few moments before I crash into bed exhausted, to wake up the next morning to a list a mile of long of things work and home related that I just wish could be finished in a manor that left me feeling fulfilled and accomplished. I also read this today and it also expressed just how I am feeling and the mindset that I am trying to achieve "lots of time in your life will be spent 'doing something you don't want to do'...and that it might be years and years before you see the rewards of that."
So that is how we are right now. I am working everyday to appreciate all of the wonderful things in this phase of life, because we are blessed, and our life is so full!
So here is random list of updates!
- Garrett is a champion eater! Jinny at the daycare always compliments on the amount of food he eats, three meals a day, filled with vegetables, fruits, and dairy!
- We are going to California the second week of February! I have a conference but Brian and Garrett are going to come down so Garrett can meet his great grandparents.
- We are getting more and more involved in our church and loving every minute of it.
- Garrett is sleeping through the night, turns out he was ready, and we were just getting suckered into feeding him every night. We are such amateurs!
- No crawling, but we did finally buy cabinet locks and plug plugs (? riiiiight...I don't remember what they are actually called!)
- Christmas in Wisconsin was totally worth the drive, which says a lot considering the long drive and the brevity of our stay!
And a little Garrett love: