Friday, March 25, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
- He cries/fusses/gets sad when he knocks down a block tower. We think it is because he gets frustrated that the blocks don't stay in together when they fall down. The longer you keep stacking them the more upset he gets. It is kind of funny, cause we are mean like that.
- He is TERRIFIED of dogs. I found this out when he and I were at my mom's last weekend. I mean shrieking and shaking and clinging everytime the dog came into the room or moved.
- The only time he is even remotely snuggly is after a bottle right before the crib, if he isn't already passed out.
- His tongue is always sticking out.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
And I mean that is what it comes down to isn't it? I want to be at home so bad, not working in a job that does nothing but stress me out. I am thankful for it and the way that it challenges me, but nothing compares to what it would mean to spend all my time with Garrett.
Monday, March 7, 2011
My brain is overloading most of the time these days. I had a funny cooking post all stored away in my mind on Friday, and it is pretty much gone, but here is a mix of that and other craziness.
- I love cooking and drinking wine, it is good for the soul.
- I need a wok.
- Why is it so hard to get portions right? On Thursday I made spaghetti knowing that the noodle/sauce ratio would be way off (and I had 1.5 lbs of meat that needed to be cooked and only 3/4 of a jar of sauce.) It came out perfect. On Friday I made fried rice and we had so much left over that Brian filled up 2/3 of one of our largest tupperware, not that I am complaining about leftovers or anything...
- Garrett is turning 9 months on Thursday (that can't actually be possible...) and is getting his two top teeth...at the same time. He is surprisingly chipper.
- I made this...This being a cream cheese and apple braided danish. It was amazing, and hard. I was really proud of myself.
- I can't wait for summer and camping and hiking and warm weather and sun...I think that having last summer off is going to make this summer even harder.