Pages

background


Thursday, March 10, 2011

I am Horribly Jealous of my Husband...

Here is the skinny... Due to the long awaited addition of a staff member on Brian's fire department, Brian's schedule is changing to 12 hr shifts on Monday and Tuesday and a 16 hr shift on Wednesday. Which are some really long days, but this means that he has Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. Like off, off, not on call, not well I am kind but not really off, not I am off but I have meetings. We are both so excited about him being home more (less night meetings etc), and best of all we get to pull Garrett out of daycare on Thursdays and Fridays and he gets to stay home with Daddy.

Until I was faced with the reality of it I was just excited and then today all of the sudden this schedule starts tomorrow and WHAM I am so jealous that I want to cry. I mean, I want to stay home with Garrett. I want to work only three days and enjoy the bliss of my baby for four days a week. I want to be relaxed and refreshed and renewed after four days off with my little guy, every week. UGH...I am a horrible person for not being able to just be excited about what this means for our family and that Brian has worked really hard, will continue to work hard and deserves this.
Because I mean, who doesn't want to stay home with this:

And I mean that is what it comes down to isn't it? I want to be at home so bad, not working in a job that does nothing but stress me out. I am thankful for it and the way that it challenges me, but nothing compares to what it would mean to spend all my time with Garrett.

No comments: