Pages

background


Saturday, December 14, 2013

Favorite Part of the Day

My favorite part of the day is the end of the day.  When the kids are all washed, pajamas on, and teeth and hair brushed.  They are so clean and smell so good.  All they want is a book and bedtime snuggles.  They smell like soap and there tired little eyes are hanging low.  I love reading to them watching them get in grossed into a book their eyes lighting up and a plot changes or something funny happens, or Garrett who gets excited and has a million questions about what is going on, and you can't possibly continue reading until they are all answered.

My other favorite part of bedtime, feeding and rocking Abigail to sleep.  The other kids are sometimes still crazy at this point and it is my time of the night to unwind and sit down for the first time, sometimes for the day.  Her room is dark with the noise maker going and the night light on it just barely illuminating her little features.  She grunts and swallows as she runs her hands up and down my chest and runs her little fingers through my hair.  Sometimes she even reaches up to feel my face as she settles in and gets sleepy. 

Of course then there are the nights when bedtime is the worst part of the day. When it is the last straw for everybody, no one listens, everyone is tired and crying and Abigail is screaming because she woke up for the third time when I put her in her crib.  But that's okay, I'd rather just remember the good nights!

No comments: