Pages

background


Sunday, June 13, 2010

Garrett


We are sitting here at home and alone, just him and I for the first time ever. I wanted to write a blog post about our little peanut but there are so many things to say and not enough of the right words to say them. So, I think I will post a random list of thoughts.
  1. Garrett Richard Lamon Nickolay was born at 10:40am on June 10th. He weighed 5lbs 11oz and was almost 19 inches long.
  2. My labor lasted about 18 hours and we spent a little over 12 of them at the hospital.
  3. Labor was and wasn't the most painful experience of my life. It was awful and then again, it wasn't that bad. I can't explain it. Pushing...that was the hardest thing I have ever done. I think that it is as hard mentally as it is physically.
  4. Listening to my husband's voice coach me and get more and more excited as I pushed and got closer to getting Garrett out was one of the only things that got me through it.
  5. It is true...they come out and you love them with everything that you have in you.
  6. He is the most intimidating person I have ever meet. We are in charge of making sure he is happy, healthy and a good person. OMG, I can't believe they let us leave the hospital with him!
  7. I am not sure how all my bits "down there" are ever going to go back to normal. It is scary and it hurts me!
  8. He is SO tiny and has a full head of hair that is brown and blond, I love him even more for it.
  9. His days and nights seem mixed up. The nights are incredibility hard, especially when you are already sleep deprived. There are times I feel like I would literally pay a million dollars for four (or even three) straight hours of sleep!
  10. Watching my husband turn into a dad is THE best thing ever. Ever time he kisses Garrett or leans over him and says how perfect he is, my heart melts!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

Ah....*tears* enjoy every moment.

Mike and Sarah said...

So so sweet. Enjoy every moment!