Pages

background


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

On Being "Small"

So now that I am actually apparently showing, everyone keeps on telling me how "small" I look and how they can't believe that I am due in June. I have to admit, I like it. I would much rather people be surprised that I am due in June then telling me I look like I am going to pop out an elephant any minute.

However, I don't feel small. I feel like I barely fit into any of the clothes that I have that I can actually wear. Every morning I stand in my closet and look at alllll of the clothes that I can no longer wear (you really feel like you have a lot of clothes when you only fit into about 5% of what you have!) After 10 min my ankle socks leave deep rings in my already large cankles. I had to loosen the laces on my tennis shoes that I have been wearing since freshman volleyball. I think it has been at least 4 years since I have had to adjust the laces on them. My thighs...well they don't fit into any of my pre-pregnancy jeans, and barely squeeze into my maternity ones.

So to all the people that have told me I look small for my gestational age (or something like that)... thank you, I really do appreciate it and it does make me feel good. But please don't ask to see my thighs, okay well my legs, because I am pretty sure the 20-25 lbs that I have gained has been dispersed between the two of them, and they look it!

1 comment:

Lexi said...

Hugs! People told me (at 5 months) "Wow! Are you having twins!?" So, I am VERY happy for you that people tell you that you are looking small; and, more importantly, that that makes you feel good and wonderful. I remember the clothes in closet part....I ended up taking everything that I couldn't wear anymore and putting it in a box. Then when I COULD wear them again it was like Christmas getting all of my old things out. I'm here if you need to vent.