Pages

background


Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Catching Up: April

It has been a couple of weeks since I have posted. I will give a short update on a couple of the last weekends and post some pics along with it!

We went to LA for a college roommates wedding April 3rd-7th. A college roommate of mine came with us. I had a blast reconnecting with her and also watching her and Brian get to know each other better. We went to Santa Monica one afternoon and then had dinner in Larchmont Village, which is just a couple of blocks from my grandparents house where we stayed. Between beers, margaritas and wine we were all pretty lit by the time we got back to the house. The wedding was beautiful, it was great to see Candy and her now husband again! On the way back we dropped Rachel off at the airport so that she could fly to Indianapolis and Brian and I drove to Vegas and stayed the night. We enjoyed Vegas for the night. Brian took me out to a very nice dinner at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant at the Venetian and then we went to see the Phantom of the Opera. We decided that we would probably never actually go to Vegas on vacation, there was just to many people and Brian thought that it was "fake."

The next weekend was Easter so we went down to Gardiner on Saturday night and then to church on Sunday morning. It was nice to see everyone from church. It has been kind of hard going to church lately since it has been so long...I definitely feel very guilty (but that is a whole different post!) It was nice to see my parents and Bobbie and Addison. My mom made her delicious Easter brunch, and sent us home with left-overs!

April 17th-19th we went to Spokane, WA so that Brian could take a written test for the Spokane Valley Fire Department. We were hoping that if the permanent job with Rae and Sourdough fire departments falls through then this would be a good second option. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will work out. We stayed the whole weekend at Angela's mom house (Angela came with us.) I enjoyed being back in Spokane. I really love that city. It is so pretty with all of the huge pine trees and rolling hills. I got to have my first (out of many I suspect) excursions to Cabellas. Good thing I like camping and fishing! We got a little raft, a pair of waiters for me, a fishing pole stand, an axe, and a water container for camping. I couldn't believe that Brian spent the money, it was fun watching him shop since he usually is pretty restrained!

The last full weekend of April we just hung out at home. It was a very busy month and we definitely needed the downtime. I had fun traveling around and getting out of Bozeman a little. It helped to cure the major cabin fever that I was feeling.

No comments: