Pages

background


Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Weekend

We really had a great Christmas weekend. I had four and a half much needed days off, and Brian had four (he was command for one, but no calls, so we will count it!) It was so good that I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things at work, especially since I came in late because of a doctor's appointment.

Here is a boring recap of our great weekend: I got off of work on Christmas Eve and did some last minute Christmas and grocery shopping with my mom. That night my parents and sisters stayed at our house, we had my Grandma's yummy soup, played games and had a Wii tennis tournament.

I was telling my mom that Christmas morning was sort of weird. I think that it has been at least three years since we have all woken up at the same house on Christmas morning. Now that we are older no one was even awake until 9, and then we all got dressed and showered before anyone even mentioned opening presents. It was nice and relaxing. My stepbrother and his family and my stepsister came over and joined us for brunch and more present opening. It was fun to have everyone over and all of the kids running around. I can't wait until we can add our children to the mix!

My family left on Saturday and Brian and I laid around the house and did some light clean up and damage control from Christmas day. On Sunday we hopped into the car and drove to Kalispell to see a college friend and her boyfriend who were home from Boston for Christmas. It was really great to see both of them and spend time hanging out and catching up. I am so excited and happy for them and their future (so cheesy but true!)

We had a doctor's appointment this morning and everything looks good, I will post more on that though when I get around to posting the 16 week survey. I have a picture, that we took on Friday but just haven't gotten around to filling out the survey, cause I just haven't felt like it!

No comments: