Pages

background


Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Held A Little Baby Yesterday

I held a one month old little boy yesterday and the world, it stopped.

I held a little baby yesterday and realized that this was going to be me with my son in 5 months.

I held a little baby yesterday and wanted everyone else to go away so I could sit with him and just soak him in and think about how our little boy will be just like him. The tiny little fingers, the perfect little mouth, the sweet smell of his head, his pink lips smacking in hunger.

I held a little baby yesterday and discovered that everything that I have been worrying and stressing about: our car not being big enough, the furniture in the baby room not matching, my body never being the same, not having enough time before I go back to work, putting our son in daycare, none of it matters.

I held a little baby yesterday and remembered why I wanted to be a mother in the first place.

1 comment:

Mike and Sarah said...

You are so sweet and will be a great mom. What a nice post! sarah